Russell Parker MBA
7 Battle Avenue
phone: 01327 702892
A committed, proactive management consultant and trainer with proven successes in the fields of project management, programme management, business development and change management. A formidable problem solver who is seen by customers as having sound business acumen and the capacity to help drive continuous improvement. In addition to this Russell is an excellent communicator and has vast experience of training and mentoring in a variety of organisations across 3 continents. Russell is qualified and accredited to train PRINCE2, APM Project Manager, Agile DSDM Atern, PRINCE2 Agile, APMG Change Management and ITIL Service Management Expert level.
FGI Limited October 2006 – July 2016
- PRINCE2, APM, Agile DSDM Atern, PRINCE2 Agile, Change Management & ITIL Accredited Trainer and Consultant
- Delivery of Best Practice training courses for Project and Service Management across 3 continents to a wide variety of industry sectors.
- Undergone PRINCE2 Train the Trainer programme to gain accredited trainer status for PRINCE2.
- Delivery of PRINCE2 Examination and Overview courses for both public and private sector clients.
- Trainer for Shell’s Project Delivery Framework roll-out project.
- Undergone ITIL V2 Foundation Train the Trainer programme to gain accredited status for ITIL V2
- Co-Delivery of ITIL V2 Managers course and co-delivery of ITIL V2 Foundation course
- Qualified ITIL V3 Expert and accredited ITIL V3 trainer
- Delivery of ITIL V3 examination and overview courses
- Delivery of Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) overview courses
- Undergone Agile DSDM Atern training and gaining accredited trainer status for delivery of examination and overview courses
- Delivery of Agile DSDM Atern examination and overview courses
- Undergone training to successfully acquire APMP qualification
- Development of PRINCE2 e-learning course materials
- Undergone APMP training and gained accredited trainer status for delivery of APMIC and APMP examination courses
- Undergone Change Management training and gained accredited trainer status for delivery of APMG Change Management examination courses
- Accredited invigilator for BCS, Peoplecert & APMG examinations
AGFA GEVAERT, UK Based Feb 2005 – Sept 2006
Delivering PACS solutions to the North East and East Midlands clusters of the NHS National Programme:
- Setup of Project procedures and operations for the rollout of PACS solutions to multiple NHS Trusts. Assisting with creation of project documentation based on PRINCE 2 principles.
- Implemented Digital Mammography hardware and software in 2 NHS Trusts in Yorkshire and Northumbria. Co-ordinating with NHS project team and internal resources to ensure no disruption to normal patient care and meet tight deadlines.
- Refresh PACS hardware in a major trust in the North West of England meeting tight deadlines and ensuring correct resources available to meet customers’ demands of having their existing system available for as long as possible whilst new hardware and software upgrades were implemented.
- Project Management of multiple NHS Trusts for the implementation of their PACS solutions.
Training Delivery /Mentoring Roles
- Compiled Project Management Training course for presentation in the National Training Academy.
University Hospitals of Leicester Mar 2002 – Jan 2005
IM&T Project Manager
Delivering IM&T solutions to different directorates across the 3 UHL hospital sites in line with National NHS strategies and targets:
- Rollout of DATIX database software to 90+ users around three hospital sites for the. Organised PC upgrades where needed and ensured all users had access to central system before planned implementation date.
- Managed projects within the Maternity directorate for three hospital sites in Leicester including new systems for Colposcopy and Neonatal. Also upgrading existing EuroKing maternity system to include Ultrasound module. Following PRINCE 2 and POISE methodologies.
- Implemented the activation of the NHS numbers for babies national initiative across UHL sites and Leicestershire community hospitals.
- Upgraded the Radiology Information Systems from 3 individual applications to a single database covering all radiology areas across 3 UHL sites. This was developed in line with another project to combine patient records across the whole of UHL.
- Organised the Programme Office to coordinate information from all UHL IM&T projects for the Programme Board including strategic and benefits mapping. Financial budget forecasting and project progress tracking.
G.A.M.S., Daventry 2001 - 2002
IT Project Manager
- Researched and identified appropriate Route-planning software and procedures for a distribution company based in the Home Counties.
- Undertook an assignment with a logistics company to assist in the clean up of the NIMDA virus and upgrade their software to a level that afforded future protection.
- Windows 2000 Rollout, Assisting in a nationwide rollout of Windows 2000 desktops as part of a major system upgrade project.
- Organised a rollout of AS/400 client express software onto a wide area network of PCs as part of a wider project to change the strategic direction of a delivery company.
1991 - 2000
IS Contact Manager
Coca-Cola Enterprises Ltd.
1990 - 1991
Synapse Mid Range
1988 - 1990
Hitachi Power Tools Ltd.
1986 - 1988
Federal Express Ltd.
- Master of Business Administration (Open University – 2000) - Strategy, Performance Measurement and Evaluation, Knowledge Management, Creative Management, Innovation and Change
- Professional Diploma in Management – 1998
- Professional Certificate in Management - 1997
- APM Group Certified PRINCE2 Practitioner
- ITIL Expert
- Agile DSDM Atern
- APM Practitioner
- Change Management Practitioner
- PRINCE2 Agile
- MSP Practitioner
- Accredited trainer for PRINCE2, ITIL, PRINCE2 Agile, DSDM Agile, APM, Change Management